Package Designer SharePoint 2010
By using the Package Designer, you can create and customize deployment packages. For example, you can add SharePoint project items and Features, reset the IIS server, set Feature activation scopes, and identify Feature dependencies. The designer also generates a manifest, an XML file that describes each package.
To open Package Designer In your Solution Explorer, right-click Package and then click View Designer. Use Add\Remove (>)\(<) buttons to add the items into the solution package.
In addition to selecting files for packaging, the Package designer allows you to set various properties for the deployment. Some of the properties that you can set are :
1. Name – It is a Required Property. The default name of the package is set to ProjectName.
2. Reset WebServer – Optional. Select if you want to restart the Web server after the .wsp file is installed on the SharePoint server.
3. Deployment Server Type – This is a Required Field. By default, the scope is set to ApplicationServer.
4. Items in the Solution – All SharePoint project items and Features that can be added to the package.
5. Items in the Package – Optional. All SharePoint items and Features that you want to deploy in your package.