We have been discussing about some great new features added in SharePoint 2013 but this highlights some of the things that you would miss in this new version.
1. No Web Analytics\Stats – You can use Content Search Web Part (CSWP) to get Stats for your site.
2. No Sandbox solutions – Sandbox solutions are deprecated. They will still work but not recommended.
3. Windows Classic mode authentication –Windows Classic mode authentication is deprecated in SharePoint 2013. Although it is still available in SharePoint 2013 and can be configured through Windows PowerShell, it is recommend that you use claims-based authentication.
4. Missing Templates – List of missing templates (These are available in Office 365 Preview though)
- Document Workspace site template – Similar functionality of collaborating on a document is now provided by the Team Site site template.
- Meeting Workspace site templates
- Group Work site template and Group Work solution
- Personalization Site site template
5. My Sites Features – List of missing My sites features.
- No Recent Activities Web Part -The Recent Activities Web Part is replaced with a new Newsfeed Web Part that supports multithreaded conversations and dynamic feed retrieval.
- Replaced Colleagues functionality – The Colleagues page is replaced with the People I’m following page. The Groups feature that enabled users to organize colleagues into groups is no longer available.
6. Upload Multiple button – This button in document libraries is replaced by Drag and Drop feature..
7. PowerPoint Broadcast – Microsoft states that it should be done from Lync.
8. Chart Web Part – Chart Web Part has been removed and this can be done with other Office applications like Excel.
9. SharePoint status indicators and lists – SharePoint status indicators and lists is no longer available as this can be done with other Office applications like Excel.