Summary : SharePoint 2013 – The new “Preview Feature” in Search Results,Preview Documents in SharePoint 2013
In SharePoint 2013 Search has an Incredible new feature where for each search result that gets displayed on the search results page users can now “Hover Over” the result to view a Preview box for that Item.Here is the quick Screen about the “Hover Panel” or the Preview box.
Some of the Features of this Hover Panel dialog box are –
* Hover panel has a high-fidelity Web Application Viewer or Preview that is available for all Office documents saved to SharePoint. These Interactive previews are big enough to give you a idea of the structure, contents, and styling of the document you’re hovering over.
* The hover panel contains rich metadata that enables users to investigate a result more thoroughly, without having to click through and load the document. See “Last Modified” and “Contributors include” in the above screen.
* In addition to the Metadata it also displays Section headings and slide titles that are inside of a document, under the heading “Take a look inside. These are called “deep links” and you can see them in the above hover panel. These headings and titles are links—clicking through will take you directly to that section (or slide) in the document.
* The bottom of the hover panel contains a list of actions that may be performed on a result. Now you can follow the document, Edit the document, View the document’s library, View duplicates, and\or send the document in an email message right from the results page. These actions are also completely customizable, so your results can be more actionable.
* Admins can has an ability to Customize the Hover Panel using Result Types. Read More about Result Types at SharePoint 2013 – The Concept of “Result Types” in Search